[pmmail-list] Return Receipt Question

Gregory L. Marx pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:12:55 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:03:35 -0600 (CST), Maynard wrote:

Well here's the relevant post you made:

>>> It is my understanding that most MTAs or MUAs do not support an option
>>> to provide a receipt for mail received. In any event, I've enabled it
>>> for this message with the hope that the list server isn't bombed with
>>> receipts from the subscriber base.

I read that to mean that IYO MOST don't support receipts, but then inversely SOME must support it, right ???
And of course the term OPTION implies that it can be turned ON, or again inversely OFF ...

So my reference that IF the server supports it, and IF the option is turned on, then receipts via PMMail are available seems to be a logical flow
of what you posted ... at least to me it does ...

Greg