[pmmail-list] Small request...

Gene Gough pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 18:20:27 -0500

Actually that is what I did.   I had my granddaughter record "New mail grandpaw." but it was so loud when I had
the speakers set for normal use that I couldn't  stand it.  Since she had gone home and wasn't there to redo it,
I just went into Sound Recorder (WIN2K) and played with it there till I had it like I wanted it.

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:44:27 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>>Yes, I know :-) But I would be able to adjust the volume down so it would not be
>>so loud as when I eg. listen to the radio over the net. The problem is that my wife
>>like this feature and I don't. So if it where possible to adjust the volume so I don't
>>fall of the chair (I'm a bit jumpy) every time she get a mail, then I would love that :-)
>
>Is this a .wav file that is playing? If so, you might be able to use a
>audio mixer to play that more quietly than other types of sounds, but I
>doubt it. Your best bet might be to find some sound editing software
>and change the volume of the sound file itself. I don't have any
>recommendations, but I'm sure someone here would if you ask.

Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html