[pmmail-list] Small request...

Stein Lokke Tomassen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:45:35 +0100

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:00:08 -0500, Gene Gough wrote:

>Grin, that is kinda like saying that if you can't have the whole cake in the exact flavor and size you want then
>you don't even want a bite of what is available.   Seems to me that it is better to have what we do than to not
>have it at all just because it doesn't have a volume control on it.   :-)

Well, that's me... :-)

But, as John has explained to me, adjusting the volume is not supported threw the "normal" API (this is probably
true for both Win and OS/2...). I had hoped that it where as easy as it is for Java, where you might use
"setVolumeLevel(...)", then it would have been very easy to add. But since that seems not to be the case, then it
might be a bigger problem, and should therefore be given a very low priority ;-) (it should by the way be given a
very low priority anyhow) And I still think's it would have been a very nice feature to have :-)

Even though it has nothing to do with reading or writing mails, it has been added as part of the PMMail package.
That which has been added to this package, should be made as userfriendly/flexible as possible, which will give
more satisfied users. AND THAT IS THE POINT

Best regards,
Stein

 Real Name.: Stein Lokke Tomassen
 E-mail....: steint@stud.ntnu.no