[pmmail-list] NAV & PMMail

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:02:58 -0500

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:44:14 -0700, Utch Entel wrote:

>Hi, Wayne!
>
>Just some basic settings that you can check, if you want... ...this is
>how I've set mine up and it works fine.
>
>With NAV under Email Protection
>  Action:  Quarantine the attachment
>      I have all 3 Email scanner control boxes checked (make sure
>Enable Manual configuration is checked)
>
>Then with PMMail Account Properties Receive Tab
>  POP server:  Pop3.norton.antivirus (NAV v7.07.23D / 127.0.0.1 on
>older versions)
>  User ID:  userid/mail.ispname.com
>Nothing in the Send Tab should change from how you had it before
>setting up NAV.
>
>I hope this helps...
>
>...Utch

  I'm using 127.0.0.1 since I'm using NAV v 6.10.22 (just re-upped my
NAV subscription last month).  As I stated in my message the named
address (Pop3.norton.antivirus) wouldn't work.

  I'm hesitant to set the thing to auto as you did.  I want to know and
decide on my own when a virus crops up.  I may try that to see if it
makes a difference in my PmMail lockup but hope it doesn't.  As one who
has come to loathe programs thinking for me after dozens of incidents
where Windbloze "Knows better than me" what hardware I have in my
system causing lockups, crashes, etc I like the more hands on approach.
 In my view, unless computers are told EXACTLY what to do they will
usually make the worst possible choice. (look in dictionary under
Micro$oft)

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com