[pmmail-list] NAV & PMMail

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 16:07:40 -0500

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 17:35:19 -0700, Utch Entel wrote:

>Hi, Wayne!
>
>>  I'm hesitant to set the thing to auto as you did.  I want to know and
>>decide on my own when a virus crops up.  I may try that to see if it
>
>My internet server is up 24 x 7, so PMMail is alway up checking for new
>mail every 3 minutes... ...therefore I wouldn't want NAV sitting on my
>desktop waiting for me to make a decision (holding up everything else
>for email) just because some bonehead (usually a relative...or in-law)
>sent me a virus.  My preference is to Quarantine the attachment so I
>can deal with it at my convenience.

  As I posted before, no High Speed Internet for me here, so checking
the mail is a daily thing.  I leave Email up if I'm surfing the net and
it checks mail every 6 minutes.

  Also, viruses are pretty rare, maybe once a month at the absolute
most and every one I've received has been through a listserve such as
this one. (most on this one in fact)

>Also, odd, when I received your reply I noticed you sent the message
>both to the pmmail-list as well as my personal email address...
>...getting your reply twice.  When replying to a list you need only
>reply to the list, unless you mean the message to be personal... ...in
>which case you would only send the message to the personal email
>address.  Odd.

  Not that odd, I usually hit reply all on the listserves.  Two
reasons, first I want to be sure the person I'm replying to gets it,
and second it saves me a prompt since if I hit just reply it prompts me
as to who I want to reply to showing me everyone in the TO list.

  Many times I delete one or more of the TO's to either send a private
Email, or just to the list.  Just forgot that time.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com