[pmmail-list] No PMMail choice in IE 6 with XP

J Stewart pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 06:44:10 -0600

i had that same problem and my solution was to reinstall PMMail in the
same folder (overlay) place again.   crude but it worked, however.....

i did some searching on microsoft's web site and found an article that
tells how to add programs to the list of email clients available on that
pulldown in IE.

By changing the values that are stored in the registry for extended
services such as mail and news, it is possible for Internet Explorer
to start programs that provide specialized Internet services.  By
appending new key definitions to the end of the registry path, it is
possible to add other programs to the menu items that are available
within Internet Explorer.

For example, to include a mail client program in the list of available
programs, register your client programs in the following registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\ Your_Mail_Client_Name

Define the client and the path to the program to be started by Internet Explorer:

Key:  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\ Your_Mail_Client_Name\shell\open\command

Value:  "C:\Program Files\ Your Folder Name \YOUR_MAIL_CLIENT_NAME.EXE "

(I assumed HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)