[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 Sys3175 Crash

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:18:14 -0500 (EST)

Who was it that set this 'expectation' AND the PRICE for the product?
If either the level of support or the price are wrong, then it is the
VENDOR that is still to blame.  Seems like two choices to me:

1) Raise the price if you feel you cannot get enough revenue to
properly support the product at the level that the users expect.
2) Change the expectation by indicating CLEARLY that the product has
been withdrawn, is going to be supported at 'x' level, etc.  [In this
case, it would also REQUIRE recanting the PROMISES made over a year ago
to those of us who spend a lot of time prioritizing requirements so the
upcoming new version/release would address the users most pressing
problems.]

It is really not difficult to do either of the above.  It only takes
some business savy and a little concern for your customers.