[pmmail-list] PMMail for Windows Setup Help Please

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 23:32:49 +1100 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:02:04 -0500:

>Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:21:09 +0100
>From: "xavier caballe" <xavi@caballe.com>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] PMMail for Windows setup help please
>
>>I have d/ld the demo version and installed it but I can't persuade it
>>to import his address book from OE. Wizard "works" OK (or reports
>>that it has<g>) but no addresses are added.
>>(...)
>>Is this a limitation of the eval version or am I missing something
>>(else, that is! I already know I am short a few brain cells...<g>)
>
>Unfortunately it isn't a limitation of the evaluation. I suposse that
>option was operative some years ago when PMMail for Windows was first
>released, but it's a fact that it doesn't work at all with the current
>Outlook version. Microsoft has changed the file format for the address
>book.
>
>I suggest you to try the Address Magic tool
>(http://www.connectedsw.com/AddressMagic.html). It does not directly
>support PMMail, but you should be able to find an address book format,
>such as Eudora or Netscape, that hasn't changed and PMMail still supports
>it.

Thanks for the <bad> news Xav. At least I know it wasn't *me*!

However, has anyone done an import from a CSV or similar text file?
I have found the Address Book layout, so I can match it up with
some kind of Outlook Express export feature...

Has anyone done an import from say a Mesa/2 spreadsheet or MS-Works?
Would they still have a template and some instructions, gotchas to
beware etc.?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Carefully hand-crafted from the finest ASCII.