[pmmail-list] eCS - PMMail/2 locks system during load

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:33:40 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:24:14 -0600, Scott E. Garfinkle wrote:

>>On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:16:28 -0600 (CST), Hazen Woods wrote:
>>
>>>But, do you suppose it is related to PMMail/2 hogging CPU...
>>no, probably not (certainly not explicitly, as opposed to a side effect like hitting the disk)
>>
>>>is there anyway to adjust that
>>probably not
>>
>>If you're using one of the GRADD video drivers, you might try a "PM driver" instead to see
>>whether that helps.

Actually, I'm using SDD beta 43 (downloaded more recent beta 44, but
have not installed).   I don't know what you are referring to when you
say "PM driver"???

I am so computer illiterate that most of my trouble shooting is
intuitive.  Sounds like you are suggesting this might be a video
problem (which was my first thought), but video is same on all my OS
and before updating the kernel in eCS, same kernel was in Warp 4.0
FP15.  This is why I discarded the idea it was related to either of
these.

Regards,

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX