[pmmail-list] VIM / MAPI

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:05:48 +1100 (EDT)

On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:37:12 +0100, Lueko Willms wrote:

>    So I would opt against a proprietary solution for this, and
>recommend to strengthen LDAP support.

I have read on this list that ldap is not perfectly supported in PMMail.

In any case it is overkill for SME/SOHO operations where nobody knows how to
admin the ldap server. Nobody wants to pay for the server either. Enduser
updates are not really possible.

What would keep all of my clients happy is if there could be a lan shared
"official" address book maintained by one person and one or more local "books"
that could even work like the present "one". i.e. the lan one would be read-only
except on the machine it was resident on.

Some clients are moving to things like Maximizer because of the dissatisfaction
with PMMail. Though I thinks it is a clunky glued together bundle of apps
pretending to be one program they like it and I can't even get to keep PMM
behind it because it uses MAPI so here comes Eudora or Netscape :(