[pmmail-list] Extracting attachments with pmmail

Don Breda pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:16:28 -0500

Hello there.

I am new to the list infact I just subscribed and haven't even read one post yet.

I usually wait to post until I see how the list is going but I am having a problem with pmmails handling of attachments and figured I would bring it to the list for some feedback.

Many messages that come my way that have attachments are not recognized by pmmail as having an attachment. I have to save them to a file and run an old dos mime decoder to unattach the data.  These
messages usually come from outlook or eudora.  Others I get are fine and unattach with no problems but the frequency of the problem is considerable and is really starting to make me wonder about pmmails abbilities in
this regard.

I realize that there are settings in eudora and outlook that must be set correctly but I don't believe especially with binary attachments that it should be such a problem.

Has anyone else had problems in this regard? Is this a known problem that is being worked on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It must be noted I do not choose to "view attachments" but rather unattach the file to a folder and then look at it however I choose.

Don