[pmmail-list] Setting Priority to High or Low to an answered mail does not show

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2001 12:28:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:21:14 +0100 (CET), R.T. van Ovost wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Feb 2001 23:50:37, Xav wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:01:53 +0100 (CET), R.T. van Ovost wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Setting Priority to High or Low to an answered mail does not show.
>>>The blue arrow indicating the mail is answered probably prevents this.
>>>Any solution?
>>
>>Hello Ron,
>>
>>I believe that if you set priority to a message and then reply to the
>>message, the blue arrow appears.   Reset the priority and you will get
>>the red dot back.  I do this by way of a manually applied filter as
>>Ralph Cohen so helpfully described.
>
>Thanks Xav for the reply,
>
>Setting the priority as described by you is exactly what I do.
>But the blue arrow stays!

Hi Ron,

It seems to take a multi-step approach to do what you want, but it
works!  When you set up the filter, use the follwing three steps:

1.  Set status: Unread
2.  Set priority: High
3.  Set status: Read

If you set up your 'marking' filters this way, then they will get rid
of the reply mark and replace it with the dot of your choice.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com