[pmmail-list] PMMail on my desktop, files on notebook?

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 04 Feb 2001 18:19:44 -0500

On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:08:01 -0500, Andrew Webber wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Feb 2001 19:03:34 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>Go into the properties settings for the PMMail2K object and
>>enter the complete path for the PMMail installation on your
>>T: drive in the 'Start In' box.  For instance, my primary
>>installation for PMMail is on my OS/2 system in my
>>j:\southsft\pmmail directory.  I have a Win98 system on the
>>network set up to automatically assign the J: drive on the
>>OS/2 system to S:, so my 'Start In' entry in the properties
>>box for PMMail2k on the Win98 system is s:\southsft\pmmail.
>
>Thanks Ralph!  Worked like a charm (I'm writing this from my
>desktop machine :).

After using it some more, I'm finding there's a noticeable delay in
opening (or previewing) each message.  It's rather annoying, and I
wonder if there's anything I can do to make it faster.  Of course I
could duplicate the messages on the desktop, and sync the folders
regularly, but I would have preferred not to do that.  My Blueprint
Software Works folder is 430Mb, occuping 2.25Gb.

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]

...Aspartame free since 2001-01-19.
------
for PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject
current local weather:
www.cnn.com/WEATHER/ce/Ontario/OttawaYOW.html