[pmmail-list] quick interrogation?

Wayne Bickell pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 20:21:18 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 06:22:18 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>>For those using any form of message storing on the email server (i.e.
>>leave on server), we have provided two distinct methods of checking
>>your server for new messages.  Blueprint Software Works's Quick
>>Interrogation is the default method.  This method can highly reduce
>>your online time by using an estimating algorithm to quickly find new
>>messages.  However, because it employs several features of a POP
>>server that are found on most, but not all servers, we have also
>>provided a Full Interrogation method.  If you feel that PMMail may be
>>missing some e-mails that are up on your server, either by fetching
>>or using the remote control, turn off the Quick Interrogation for
>>more accurate results.

I have a couple of Yahoo mail accounts and I always leave the
mail I receive from them on the server. Would you know if it were
better to have quick interrogation on or off for yahoo mail? As it
happens, I haven't had any problems (I think) :-)

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne Bickell
Tokyo, Japan
wayne@tkk.att.ne.jp
           Posted with PMMail/2 for OS/2
  Running on OS/2 Warp 4 (UK)  + FixPak 14
          http://home.att.ne.jp/sun/wayne/