[pmmail-list] (No Subject)

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:20:54

On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:03:54 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:34:31 -0500, Gene Gough wrote:
>
>>Bruce, just about an hour ago I got about 10 empty messages from you also.  You may want to check
>your system for
>>virus also.
>
>I'm running OS/2 *only*, and also run Norman AV nightly --
>  I'm sure I don't have a virus.

The Bob Bassett mails are apparently being exploded by either
home.com's mail servers, or something very funny is happening at
bmtmicro. I can't see how home.com can have a listing of the members of
the list, because looking at the mails I've seen I can see several
addresses I recognise as well as some that look likely to be list
members' addresses, so I'm forced to say that it appears that bmtmicro
is at fault here, each list subscriber is being mailed one blank email
and this is being bcc'd to the list.

Let's hope that there isn't a mail loop hidden in bmt's server :-(

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails