[pmmail-list] PLEASE put the subject-identifier back!!!

Eirik Overby pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:18:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

>Interesting response. This is a PMMail user discussion list in support of
>PMMail but you want the list to accommodate the use of another mailer
>program. Use of subject tags is a minor annoyance. Since PMMail is a
>flexible and powerful program, I see no need to use them.

Yes, this is a PMMail user discussion list. That doesn't mean I am always able to use pmmail, does it? And I
sure do not hope that PMMail developers/users are getting onto the same track as certina others - either you
use this thing or you use nothing at all..
I use PMMail because 1: it's a very good mail client, 2: it's available on the two platforms in use in this
company (mind you, I used it for years before I started working) and 3: because it has none of those weird
side-effects, like, me not being able to read my mail from other mail clients (remotely using pine, mutt or other
unix-clients, webmail clients etc.).

If it is, as you say, only a minor annoyance, why not keep it, to accomodate those of us who DO wish to have
it there, for various reasons? And if you follow my suggestion in another message posted to this list, about
shortening the "tag", the annoyance should be even smaller.

Best regards,
Eirik Overby
using PMMail for OS/2 - hoping for a even better future. :)