[pmmail-2000] Feature Request: Archive folders

Kenneth Porter Kenneth Porter" <shiva@well.com
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:36:41 -0800

I'd like to be able to archive old mail to CDROM, and later view it
with PMMail. Currently PMMail can only see accounts and folders unders
its start directory. How about adding the ability to specify two other
roots: One where messages or folders can be archived to, and another
(typically pointed at one's CDROM drive) where old messages that have
been burned to a read-only medium can be browsed. Periodically one
would burn the archive directory to CDROM and then empty it.

Perhaps others on the list can suggest a better mechanism for this?

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]