[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 only picks up 1 of x messages

Dan Riordan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:38:41 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:26:59 -0400 (AST), PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>>My PMMail/2 v2.0 I think has gotten corrupted. It picks up one (or starts to) email and then stops. I have re-indexed the
>>messages and copied the *.exe files from backup and still no change. Any clues ?? Thanks.
>
>What do you mean, "stops"? Does it crash? Hang? Or appear to finish
>without error, but no messages appear?
>
>Have you used the Remote Control tool (Account->Remote Control) to
>see what messages are on the server? Did you try to retrieve or
>delete just the message that seems to be causing the problem?
>
>Have you tried retrieving with other email clients?
>

>--
>Trevor Smith
>PMMail/2 Technical Support
>pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

Trevor:

Thanks for your reply. The message window says "getting message 1 0f x" and just stays there. It never finishes picking up the first message to start the second ( although this AM it stopped on message # 2 - for the
first time). I installed the new version 2.2 and am able now to pickup ok. I have all my folders and filters set up on v2.0 and would like to keep it all there.

Remote control worked the first time I tried it, but not after that.  I can't remember exactly what happened there. I think all messages listed in the window OK but would not transfer.

>Did you try to retrieve or
>>delete just the message that seems to be causing the problem? No. I think I am only getting 1/2 a message. None of my folders indicate a new message.

Thanks.
Dan Riordan