[pmmail-list] PMMail under Linux. One solution (This works)

Mark Paulus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:52:53 -0700

I sent out an email about using PMMail under Linux with this product before.
Unfortunately, I had a problem with it at the time, and it didn't work.  I thought
it was a PMMail problem, but turns out, it was a mounting problem.
At work, I run Win2K with 2 partitions.  My C: drive is a 2GB Fat32 drive,
and my D: drive is a 4GB NTFS drive.  I have PMMail on my C:.

Under linux I mount my c: as /cdrive.  My original problem with PMMail was that
I hadn't set any of the UID parameters on /cdrive, so it was permissions
of drwxr-xr-x, and my user couldn't write to the fat drive.  Changed that,
and pmmail now works great (I guess it was hanging trying to update
some status in the ini file, but didn't know how to complain, so it just hung).

Anyway, the product I am using is Win4Lin, and you can download a 30 day
evaluation copy here:
http://www.netraverse.com/support/win4lin/downloads/index.php
Lots of information here:
http://www.netraverse.com/products/win4lin/index.php
and load of documentation here:
http://www.netraverse.com/support/win4lin/docs/index.php

I use this when I dual boot into linux, and it is now working fine
(Once I got my permission problems straightened out...)