[pmmail-list] 2.20.2100

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:31:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:14:36 -0400 (AST), PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:13:20 -0800, Curtis Delzer wrote:
>>BUG!!!   Latest beta STILL  trunkates long text messages in message
>>read window...  I've tried different "pmmedit.dll" files and still
>>about 1294 lines or so and that's it, about 66K or so approximately.
>>Isn't anyone listening who writes this program?  This problem exists
>>and is not a figment of my imagination...
>
>I finally tested this with the latest release version of PMMail/2 and
>the latest beta and neither seems to have the bug. Can anyone confirm
>if the _OS/2_ version demonstrates this bug and if so how to repeat
>it?

Trevor, I'm running OS/2 and have never seen this problem here....
then again, I don't usually send nor receive large textual emails (if
I were sending them, I'd send them ZIPped as attachments to make
sure they get there whole, and quickly).

I just created a  425,000+ byte textual message and sent it to myself.
I received it without truncation (took a while though....), and my
email is even processed thru a "mail-forwarder".

Not an exhaustive test, but the best I could come up with.

AND --

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:21:31 -0400 (AST), PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>Has anyone ever considered if this might be the actual mail server
>truncating the messages, not PMMail?

That seems like a *great* theory.  I wonder if Curtis could take the time
to test this "**BUG!!**"  on the very same client computer that is failing,
but using a different mail server to do the transfer?

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"