[pmmail-list] Beta 2

Steve Richards pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:48:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

 I have tried Beta 2, below are some comments.

 I apologize if some are nit picky.

 The Readme is not updated. It should at least say that this is a beta and give the method to report comments and problems.

 Likewise the version number is reflected as the same as Beta 1, I wasn't sure that I actually had Beta 2 and had to go back and do some additional
checking.

 The problems I had with Beta 1 and memory allocation seem to have disappeared. I don't know if you actually did something to fix this or if it was related
to FP14 which I have upgraded to FP15 since the first beta.

 Fatal problem occurs when moving messages from one folder to another. I get a popup dialog with a sys1047 that says there a no resources for the function.
The popup only gives the option to end the process which in one instance closed pmmail and the other left it hanging as a zombie forcing a reboot. This does
not happen every time but has happened twice in a very short time in the moving of say less than 25 messages.

 Thanks for making this available and for the continued OS/2 support. FWIW, I would not be opposed to paying for an upgrade if there was some new
functionality.

 There is not much that I don't like about PMmail. But, a couple of small things I would really like.

   - The ability to edit a message and resend it after it has been sent even if it requires a copy first.
   - The option to turn on Return Receipt for all messages rather than have to click it each time.

 Thanks,
 Steve
Steve Richards (Steve@aducredit.com)