[pmmail-list] abandoning individual message retrieval

Guillaume Gay pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:16:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi,
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:17:38 +0000 (GMT), Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>There is no support in POP3 for abandoning individual message retrieval
>once it has started. The only way is to drop the connection to the
>server entirely.
>For RFC compliant servers, this would mean all the mail you have
>downloaded during the current connection would be left on the server
>and you would probably end up downloading it again, which I guess would
>cause much grief.
Not if the user is aware of the side effect of such an option...

If it can prevent me from closing and re-opening PMMail I would definately
like the option to be added in the remote control dialog (at least - as
well as the new progress meter and many other things (;-))

Bye for now.

--
   __     | |             "Ich bin ein Merliner" (:-)
  /  |  . | |             =(Mail)=> gay@mail.dotcom.fr