[pmmail-list] Another feature I'd like

Steve Ewing pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 17:25:46 -0500

Since we're discussing new features with a beta on the street, I'd like to see, in the Windows version (I'm a reluctant
conversion from OS/2 to Win) the ability to mark messages as read from the icon in the toolbar.  Currently you can read new
message subjects without opening the whole program and click on them to read the individual messages (very handy),  or
use the option to delete all new items, but you cannot mark new items as read.

Or even, the ability to turn off the "new message" blinking icon without having to open any of the messages (I suppose that's
what I *really* want, now that I write it down).

In my own situation I get an awful lot of messages that don't demand my immediate attention (such as emails to this list): I
want to turn off the new message indicator after having looked at the subjects, which I can see by right-clicking on the icon in
the taskbar.  That will allow me to be alerted to future new messages: at present I can ignore the blinking (that is an option, I
mean: I find it impossible to do in practice) and just listen for the sound of a new incoming, or open an email whether I want to
read it right then or not, which will turn off the blinking.

Steve<steve@qmss.com>
http://www.connix.com/~sewing