[pmmail-list] Manual filter suggestions

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:18:39 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:44:29 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:17:38 -0800, Ramit Sethi wrote:
>
>>Two suggestions for manual filters:
>>
>>1. In the filter creation window, if 'manual' is checked, there should be no requirement to fill out the fields (search __, for __).

It occurs to me maybe that maybe what you are looking for, is a way to
apply a manual filter to any message you have selected, which is why
you don't want to have to fill in the search/for fields.  The way to do
this, is to set up the filter to search for something that every
message would have.  For instance, I search the header for the word
"to", since all message headers contain that word.  Therefore, any file
or files I select for a manual filter action will fit the search
criteria and be acted upon.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com