[pmmail-list] suggestions.

Richard R. Pufky pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:29:26 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:36:13 -0600 (CST), Hazen Woods wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:05:19 -0500 (EST), Richard R. Pufky wrote:
>>>Can't think of a reason why that'd be useful though (that some other
>>>piece of software doesn't already duplicate the features of).
>What other piece of software???  I would like the opportunity to do
>this, but the option doesn't have to be added to PMMail if it exist
>elsewhere.

Well, lets see... Pmmail provides the ability to send a message from
the command line (pmmsend). Presumably, you'd already know who you want
to send the message to in the future, and what you want to send, so
this command should suffice to create (and send) the email.
There are plenty of programs to set it up to send at a specified time.
One of the most prevalent is cron. Just set up cron to run the pmmsend
command at the specified time.

There should be other ways to do this as well (especially with OS/2).
Should be able to set up a cmd file that would take some input and
schedule it for you...

Rick