[pmmail-list] ~Re: Download progress meter?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:55:28 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:20:42 -0800, Curtis Delzer wrote:

>Yes, but, if you keep just skipping them you'll run out of space on
>your server pretty quickly, so the "delete" option is sometimes needed
>in the case of interrupting a large download.

I've experience no problem setting a 30k limit on messages. A /delete/
option is not /needed/ just desired. Placing a limit on messages prevents
that large download. F4 then CTR+L will allow you to explicitly decide if
you want to download it. I agree that if you just skip and never delete
that eventually you will use up your server space. The same argument could
be made for selecting the option to leave all messages on the server
whether you download them or not. I don't let garbage pile in my house
either. I periodically take it out for pickup. This function is for the
lazy user's convenience not necessity.