[pmmail-list] ~Re: Body of message blank???

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:24:19 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:36:25 -0900 (AST), Wayne Downs wrote:

>I'm using 2.10.2010 for OS/2.  Three times recently I have had a similar experience.  Once it occurred when I first started
>opening messages to read them, and the other two occurred after I had already read a few.  On all occasions, no message
>was displayed in the read message window for every message I tried to open.  Closing messages then rreopeningthem,
>changing folders and reindexing folders made no difference.  Closing then reopening PMMail fixed the problem.
>
>On one occasion it seemed to correlate with my antivirus software scanning the message folders while I was reading, but this
>did not occur the other times, and there has been no other correlation I could see.  I have over 1.8 GB free on that partition.

The /only/ time this symptom occurred on my system the message was
unformatted by the mail server. The server started stripping the line
termination. PMMail compressed this string of characters into the header
section. If this occurs again, check to see if the problem is with the
message format, your system or PMMail. Open a message with a blank body.
Go to PMMail's /TEMP/ folder. Does <TEMP.HDR> and <TEMP.BOD> files exist?
If not, PMMail did not (or could not split the message when opened). Use a
text editor to view each file? Is only the header displayed in <TEMP.HDR>
and only the message body displayed in <TEMP.BOD> . If yes the problem is
probably with PMMail. If not, the problem is probably with the message
format or your system.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris