[pmmail-list] Body of message blank???

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:36:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:03:49 -0800 (PST), James L. Vaughn wrote:

>>PMMail seems to choke on messages that have been forwarded multiple
>>times.  I agree that other mailers I've used do not have a similar
>>problem.
>>
>>Ralph Cohen
>>
>I have never had any problems with multiple forwarded messages. How
>much memory do you have?

You have to read my reply in the context of the original message.  It
concerned the fact that certain messages received would not display
anything other than header information and an indication of an
attachment, unless or until Alt-v was pushed.  If one drills down
through the attachment, you will eventually get to a message that has
been forwarded multiple times.  Using Alt-v shortens the process and
displays the message immediately.  I have used other mailers that
display these messages without going through the Alt-v process, so I
think the problem is likely that PMMail misinterprets these multiple
forwarding headers as attachements.  FWIW, I've seen this with PMMail
(OS/2) on a number of different systems although the one I'm currently
using has 384MB RAM.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com