[pmmail-list] Bug with attachments

Andreas Schueller pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:30:47 +0100 (MEZ)

Hello!

I'm using PMMAIL/2 Beta 2.20.2100 and OS/2 Warp 4 Fixpack 15.

I have experienced two problems with attachments:

1.) When PMMail tries to add locked files to an email as attachments, it fails to do so, but gives no error
message and sends the mail anyway. Having a look at the mail body reveals a correct MIME structure, but
the base64 encoded part is just void.
I've seen this behaviour with StarOffice 5.1a. Trying to add a Starwriter document that was currently
openend in StarOffice to a mail made PMMail fail to attach the document.

2.) All my StarOffice documents (*.sdw/*.sdc/...) are shown without an icon in the attachment icon view. The
bad thing about this is, that I can't drag and drop these files.

Regards,

Andreas Schüller