[pmmail-list] Error Log in Beta/2

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 21:18:10 -0600 (CST)

What do these error messages indicate?  FWIW PMMail/2 seems to be
fetching as settings require.

Just opened PMMail/2, beta, and in message window was note:  Could not
resolve POP.   Closed/opened same result.  Then attempted to send test
message to my email account.  Got error message that could not
connect(resolve?) SMTP.  Tried again.  same result.  So rebooted and
opened PMMail again.  This time PM triggered InJoy which made internet
connection and fetched waiting mail.  However, the message was not sent
with error message that couldn't connect.  Then on next pass all
worked.  So perhaps this was "just one of those things".

However, I then looked at the error log and there is a long series of
error messages, which appear to have taken place each time PMMail is
scheduled to check mail.  The error messages are:

Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:07:39 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set send timeout
Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:07:39 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set receive timeout
Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:07:37 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set send timeout
Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:07:37 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set receive timeout
Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:01:37 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set send timeout
Tue, 09 Jan 01 21:01:37 ==> Socket Error ; Cannot set receive timeout

These errors began when installed beta.  PMMail is set to retrieve
every 360 seconds.  (Hope we can get update that allows settings
greater than 3600 seconds but that should be saved for another post
(grin).

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX
Sent to you at Warp 4 speed (FP11)