[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:46:41 +0100 (MEZ)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:37:47 +0100 (CET), Henk Hendriks wrote:

> Is it possible to invoke PMMail, say from a REXX script in such
> a way that PMMail becomes  maximized or gets started with a new
> message window opened and a recipient e-mail address
> already entered? I know of the existence of the command line
> program pmmsend but that is not quite the same.
> Such a feature would allow PMMail to interact with a
> shared company customer / user etc. database.
> Would be nice, wouldn't it?

   This would be required to use PMMail as the default mail program
from Netscape Communicator. It is nice that I can configure Netscape
as the default browser in PMMail/2, I also want to configure PMMail
as the default mail program in Netscape - if Netscape would allow it.

   And for this there must be a way to open a message compose window
with the recipient's address taken from the
  <A HREF="mailto:user@domain.tld">Send it to me</A> in
the HTML page.

   The Win-Version does it, using the /SRD parameter and others, as
documented. You find the call in the Windows registry, when PMMail is
your default eMail-Program, under

  HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\command\open

  And under Windows, I want an equivalent of the PMMSend.exe.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de