[pmmail-list] timeouts

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:41:12 -0500

erehps@gmx.net

Sending through SMTP authentication using the server mail.gmx.net took
on average 3 seconds for both Windows and OS/2 (4 messages sent).

The first attempt for OS/2 (there were actually 5 made) resulted in:

Fri, 12 Jan 01 11:22:47 ==> Error ; Server broke connection

jimmy

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:06:52 +0100, Robert Dahlem wrote:

>We are not having any delays sending through SMTP authenticating
>servers here (Peters reports no more than a second ot two).  He
>believes that it is an issue with your server.

Come on, Jimmy! This is not a valid answer.

People are reporting problems with the beta release they did not have
before deploying the beta release. Do you really want to tell the
community they are dump?

Open an account at www.gmx.net (GMX is "German Mail eXchange") and try
harder.

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.