[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 2.20.2030

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:30:42 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:15:38 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

 >> >Can you try redownloading again? Sorry. :-(
 >>
 >>I already downloaded and installed the beta twice. Is there a new beta
 >>release in vicinity?
 >
 >Trevor -- is it possible to get to the beta with an FTP interface ?
 >   (this will be a lot more fault-tolerant compared to HTTP and will
 >    go a long way to making all feel better that the entireity of the
 >    product has been downloaded)

We already compared the file sizes from the package and the installed
executable so I doubt it's a case of corrupted files. Looks like a kind of
local incompatibility.

 >Frank -- you might try downloading the beta again, this time using
 >   WGET -- wget is very tenacious and you can feel good that you got
 >   the whole package.    (and until you and BSW can figure out why it
 >   doesn't install on your machine, I would doubt that the 2nd beta will
 >   either)

You're probably right. And as I also prefer systematic search (that's part of
my job ;) I'd appreciate if there was a way to make PMMail reveal some
debugging info like files being opened and things like that. Trevor, Jimmy?

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.180
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.199