[pmmail-list] Addressbook question

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:38:35 +1100 (EDT)

Does anybody who uses PMMail have any need for a better address book system than is provided in the present
package?

I sometimes think that only I (and my clients) need to have an addressbook that will let one of the "books" be
updated without losing everything entered in another "book".

Alternatively a 2 database solution would be tolerable: One (set of) "books" in the usual (hardwired) TOOLS
directory and another in a shared folder on a server.

For those who think that the export and import tools will do it, I suggest you try updating, deleting and
adding entries this way by exporting at one machine and importing at another. Make sure you are well backed up
first!

If anybody from support is "listening": Is this anywhere on the horizon or do I have to choose between writing
a utility and finding an email client that is useful in a business situation?

I sure don't want to write a utility and then find it is obsolete before it is much used and I really don't
want to do it at all because I am not likely to get paid seeing that one client thinks that as I got them 10
PMM licences they should have been supplied with something that is suited to a business.

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.