[pmmail-list] Folder Arrow Icon Question

William B. Kendall pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:29:44 -0800

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:11:01 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I've got a mail folder with a bunch of sub folders and sub-sub folders
>(PMMail/2) that has the downward arrow icon indicating unread mail in
>one of the folders even though there isn't any.  I have gone through
>each of the sub (sub) folders and re-indexed them but still, even
>though none of them have any unread mail the arrow icon doesn't change.
> I know that I could create a new folder and subfolders and copy
>everything over, but then I would also have to go in and change a whole
>bunch of filters.  Is anyone aware of an easier solution?

Yes; easier but not painless:
	(1) For the folder(s) which thinks it has unread mail, select
Properties and uncheck "Folder icon indicates unread mail".
	(2) Exit PMMail.
	(3) Restart PMMail.
	(4) For the folders whose properties you changed in (1),
select Properties again and this time check "Folder icon indicates
unread mail".

I wish this weren't necessary, but, as far as I can tell, it is.

Bill Kendall