[pmmail-list] Subject after REXX-Exit in Filter and Index Entry

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:17:31 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:53:20 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>  Or, as you write, by filtering in the message receive exit, but
>this would require to look into each and every message, before and
>instead of the filtering process done by PMMail's own filter
>configuration.

This is not "instead of", it is "as well as". You can use a normal
filter as well as a "message receive exit" filter. I do this for
egroups - the first filter changes the subject, and the second filter
gets rid of the advert. Works very nicely :-)

>  It would be good if we could specify the ISCL variable $h.subject$
>as the value for the SetSubject action in the filter, to get PMMail
>to look at the changed subject line again.

I never knew about that action till just now! I guess it could be
useful as you describe.