[pmmail-list] sick of 2.20.2030 - where are the real important features?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:11:28 +0100 (MEZ)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:26:59 -0500, Ken Diehl wrote,
                               quoting Stefan Kirch:

> >And it take a little time to implement that.
> >Don't you have a "personal" and a "official" signature? Isn't it
> >precarious to send a business contact "Hugs ..." ?!?

   While I think it is nice to have, I don't think that it is so very
easy to implement.

   The signatures are specific to the account, while the address book
is common to all accounts.

   So you can't assign one signature in the address book, you need to
have a relational table for each account to link the signature to be
used by this account for that recipient. It will be quite difficult
to adminster this (I have five accounts), less from the programmers
viewpoint, but for the user, since it would have to be done
accountwise.

   It might be easier to implement, or maybe even easier to manage,
when a signatures to a address book or to a group of addresses.

   BTW, by setting up different accounts for different roles you
assume as a business partner or a personal friend, you can already
now configure different signatures for these different kinds of
relationship.

   Just set up a hugging account, and another, accounting one working
around it...

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main