[pmmail-list] sick of 2.20.2030 - where are the real important features?

Manfred Usselmann pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:33:26 +0100

Hi,

I would also like to be able to check the signature from the compose window
to make sure that I got the right one.
But I agree that having an additional area would be overkill and take away too
much space.

What about if double clicking on the selected signature would open a separate
window with the signature. Perhaps it would even be possible to edit it there.

Manfred

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 08:32:51AM +0100, Frank Winkler @home wrote:
> Hi Robert !
>
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:03:02 +0100, Robert Dahlem wrote:
>
>  >>From my point of view, the main advantage of the current solution is
>  >>that you can easily change the signature during the mail being
>  >>composed.
>  >>This would be much more complicated if the signature was shown in a
>  >>WYSIWYG manner.
>  >
>  >I disagree: it seems to be not too complicated to have an attachment area
>  >where one can d&d files to (and even remove them later :-) So how about an
>  >additional signature area between the message text and the attachement
>  >area? LMB to edit signature (ask before saving), RMB to choose another
>  >signature ...
>
> Please don't! If we did so I wouldn't be able to see the real message in the
> bunch of window parts hanging around. But concerning the attachment area I'd
> appreciate to see this working properly for queued messages - see the
> corresponding thread.
> I absolutely prefer the current way which just shows the name of the sig
> instead of wasting some lines for redundant information that I know by heart.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
> ConSol GmbH
> Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.180
> 81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.199
>
> - pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------
> To POST to the list, send your message to
> pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

> line of the message body being...

Manfred Usselmann
usselmann.m@icg-online.de
I C G  Informationstechnologie Consulting GmbH
Bahnstr. 7,  D-65835 Liederbach / Ts.
Tel. +49 69 333 623,  Fax +49 69 306 845