[pmmail-list] patch to fix codepage issues in OS/2

Guillaume Gay pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:43:46 +0100 (CET)

Bonjour Samuel,
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:45:08 -0500 (EST), Samuel Audet wrote:
> It checks headers (main header and part headers) for "content-type"
> with missing charset or with a charset containing "windows" and patches
> a "content-type" with charset=iso-8859-1.  It also checks for
> "content-transfer-encoding" and if none is found, it puts
> "content-transfer-endoing: 8bit".  That fixes the most important
> problems with PMMail and charset.  It's still not automatic or instant
> (PMMail is slow at launching a filter executable), but it's better than
> hand editing...
So this is a replacement for your REXX Script. That's exactly what I missed
in PMMail. I'm going to test this. Thank you Samuel.

I *wish* this fix will be included in a future version of PMMail*.
I also wish it could speak in french (I could even give an help!), strip
the attachements (useful for virus detection), offer "mail templates"
("personas"?), have a sort option (for bookmarks, canned replies, filters,
etc.)... But I have to be realistic.
["L'espoir fait vivre" after all!]

I'm still a happy user of PMMail/2 since 1996.
Bye.

--
   __     | |             "Ich bin ein Merliner" (:-)
  /  |  . | |             =(Mail)=> gay@mail.dotcom.fr