[pmmail-list] Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Bruce Francis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 09:01:40 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:49:42 -0500 (EST), Samuel Audet wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:43:07 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:
>>Yes, and I again add to your chorus:  any changes of this magnitude will
>>(likely) break another application (PMINews) which uses the *same*
>>address book!    I don't see how new additions can be made to the address
>>book without doing this....
>
>is PMINews now owned by Stardock?  hum, seems like a mess waiting to
>happen...

No it is not -- as said upstream it is owned by SouthSoft, and as I understand
everyone who has tried to contact BoB/Ike has come up short.

"mess waiting to happen" .... oh, yes!  The 2 programs share the Address Book
(and all other things in the    ..\Tools\   directory) -- this means (to me at least)
that the programmers making changes to PMMail cannot make any changes
to database structures in that directory which in turn would break the existing
program PMINews.   In this manner they are hamstrung in making those changes...

I use PMINews, and as you can see from this small list there are several others
here who do also, and there are many many more who aren't even here.
---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"