[pmmail-list] Feature Request: Encrypt when key present

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:26:36

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:12:45 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>Such sensitive information should be sent as an encrypted attachment. It
>would be more difficult to include it in any reply and inclusion would not
>be by inadvertent failure of the sender to select encryption. Remember
>though that once you transmit such information it is no longer within your
>control.

Note that PMMail/2 does not support encrypting attachments, more's the
pity.

>Some people never use PGP. If you send an encrypted message to them, they
>can only reply unencrypted or not at all.

If you send a non PGP user encrypted mail, all they can do is reply
"Huh! I can't read that"

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails