[pmmail-list] VIM / MAPI

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 00:37:12 +0100

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:31:25 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

> ome of the other feature
> requests (common address books, etc.).

   Two remarks on my side on the question of Common Address Books:

   a) I try to centralize all my contact information in one database
(which I am currently developing, in VDP (see www.dataweb.de)) and
plan to export my phone lists, eMail lists etc in the format needed
by the concrete phone, PABX, mobile phone, eMail application etc.

    b) as to common EMAIL address books for a work group -- how about
LDAP? PMMail does support LDAP, and that would be the standard way of
accessing the central eMail-Address storage of a company, or
workgroup, or the world.

    So I would opt against a proprietary solution for this, and
recommend to strengthen LDAP support.

Yours,
Lüko Willms

Lüko Willms