[pmmail-list] Wanted: Better folder sorting options

David Forrester pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 21:27:53 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 03 Jul 2001 06:47:46 -0400, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:

>When set to descending, new (unread) messages are at the top, but you
>can't easily follow threads because all the messages are in the wrong
>order - if you select the first message of a thread, and then use the
>DELETE key, you'll get the last message of the previous thread, not the
>
>Are there any work-arounds for this, or is this going to require a
>change in the program?  It sure would be nice to select a folder, have
>all the unread messages flagged at the top (without scrolling), and
>then be able to read/follow each message thread using the NEXT and
>DELETE keys.

Use the OS/2 version of PMMail!  It has an option to "Skip Read
Messages When Using Next/Previous".  With this set, I sort my folders
by date.  Then to read to read them, select the folder, open one of the
visible, already read e-mails, and press F12 to go to the next unread
item.   Unfortunately, the Windows version doesn't have this.  Or, at
least I can't find it.

--
David Forrester
davidfor@terrigal.net.au