[pmmail-list] Add to Address Book (OS/2 Ver.)

James F. Marshall pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 07 Jul 2001 13:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

I have 2.10.2010 for OS/2.

When I highlight an email address in a message header in the
form of "Last, First" <userid@domain>, and then RMB to Add to
Address Book (with edit),  the address book page does not put
the First and Last names in the space for the Real Name (or
anywhere else), but rather repeats the userid@domain in that
field.  This makes for a lot of editing if, for example, you
want to put all of 20 recipients into an address book for
grouping or list purposes.

It would be nice if PMMail got this right.

Is this addressed in the current beta?

P.S. I don't get to choose whether someone else's program
creates headers that say "Last, First" <userid@domain> rather
than "First Last" <userid@domain>.  PMMail should have the logic
to handle both, based on the presence or absence of a comma.
Fit and finish.

Jim Marshall