[pmmail-list] Migrating Netscape address bokk, LDIF

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:13:07 +0200 (MES)

  Having installed PMMail 2000 for a customer, I wanted to migrate
his Netscape Messenger eMail to PMMail 2000. At the beginning, PMMail
told me in a popup about a special procedure, having to export
Netscapes address book to an LDIF format; I did not read it carefully
since I thought that I would complete the other steps first and then
return to the address book.

   Unfortunately, this popup did not come up again when I restarted
the migration wizard, and I could also not find any mentioning of
LDIF in the PMMail help files.

   Trying to import an LDIF or LDIF-4 file did result in nothing.
Exporting to CSV and trying to import this resulted in a wrong
mapping of the fields.

   So what have I actually to do?

Yours,
Lüko Willms