[pmmail-list] PMMail message archiving <#@$%>

Randy Fowler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:13:46 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>the originator seemed pretty certain that the
>magic number was (approx?) 16,000.  If this is a "magic" number to
>PMMail/2 then it should be easy to duplicate and to find a specific
>problem.
>
>I can't imagine it being a problem with the OS/2 file system.  16,000
>files really isn't that much (unless you're using FAT), and I would
>think that there must be tons of commercial applications in place that
>are using far more than 16,000 files under OS/2.....  ??

Hi Bruce & Trevor,

Here's more info on what I think transpired:

Warp 4 FP 12, file system is HPFS, drive is IDE (ThinkPad 600e), after my
machine seemed to lock up in the middle of retrieving messages, I rebooted
(without internet access on the LAN so no more messages would download
whilst I reindexed), I reindexed my PMMail folders one by one, as the big
one- eComStation counted past 16K and some small change, PMMail (and my
whole system) appeared to hang, if I recall correctly...??

Regards,

Randy