[pmmail-list] PMMail message archiving <#@$%>

Randy Fowler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:12:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:37:24 +0100 (MEZ), Manfred Usselmann wrote:

>Maybe you have could a file system problem due to the crash. Did you
>run chkdsk after the crash?

Yes, it ran automatically (the dirty flag was set due to my having to cold
boot by pressing Ctrl-Alt-NumLk/NumLk) and the resulting chkdsk.log file
showed:

   (I cut & pasted the output from  PM Chkdsk Log Formatted - ver 1.2)
********** Log Entry 1 **********
Message Number: LOG00301
Message Text: INFORMATION: bad_super = 0x0, bad_spare = 0x0 (0 is good)

********** Log Entry 2 **********
Message Number: LOG01300
Message Text: Invalid sig on alsec = 0x8ba0c, for fnode 0x5a418

********** Log Entry 3 **********
Message Number: LOG01125
Message Text: XLINK on data in alnode for fnode 0x5a418 alnode = 0x8ba0c see
previous  log entries for exact xlink info; fnode deleted

********** Log Entry 4 **********
Message Number: LOG02101
Message Text: The directory entry for the corrupted subdirectory/file:
\OS2apps\SouthSft\PMMail\RANDYF0.ACT\News0.FLD\eComSt0.FLD\FOLDER.BAG was
deleted.  The LSN of the Directory FNode for the directory containing the
directory  entry being deleted is 0x73f89.  The LSN of the topmost DirBlk
for the directory containing the directory  entry being deleted is 0x12c784.
The LSN of the FNode of the corrupted subdirectory

********** Log Entry 5 **********
Message Number: LOG01205
Message Text: INFORMATION: Starting the Orphan Check, messages past this
point may be attempts to recover data

So, as you can see in Log Entry 4, since my eComStation folder's BAG file
got nuked, I immediately went in and re-indexed my folders.  The eComStation
reindex finally counted up to 16K and some change and then the machine
appeared to hang again... Ctrl-Esc/Alt-Esc wouldn't work, Net Admining in
from another machine wouldn't work, and even C-A-D wouldn't reboot, only
Ctrl-Alt-NumLk/NumLk would do anything.

Randy