[pmmail-list] LDIF import

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:53:19 +0200 (MES)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2001 07:41:20 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

>   The migration utility can import LDIF files into the address book,
> at least in the Windows version.

  Oops, this message was not yet complete. It was sent out against my
will by a CRON generated call of PMMsend.exe, which obviously does
not just send the message it is told on the command line, but also
any other message in the outbox.

  But coming back to my original topic, since the capability to
import LDIF files (the file version of LDAP) is available in the
migration utility, it should be made available in the general address
book manager.

  BTW, I think I have recently complained here that the instructions
on how to convert the address book from a Netscape Messenger appear
only once, and cannot be found in the HELP file.

  Here it is:

  The Netscape Messenger address book should be exported as an LDIF
file, must be given the name abook.ldif and should be placed in the
same directory under USER where the file pab.na2 is to be found.

   Good luck!

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main