[pmmail-list] question about groups

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:27:47 -0700

Hi, all, I tried creating a group for the first time with pm mail
version 2360, and I understand the instructions clear enough, and I can
putailias names in the rich edit box, but how do I make sure that when
a group member is deleted from the group, that the group message
doesn't still go to that group member?  I ask this, because I had
deleted a group memberand decided to put his name in the to field and
the group name in the bcc field, and the message comes back from his
provider as undeliverable, yet, when I send him the message directly,
it goes through.  These are multi-meg attachments of mp3's or .rm
files, to people on a music list.  I'm doing it this way, in case there
might be people just starting out in e-mail, who don't know how to down
load, or go to an f t p site yet, but this is frustrating.  My friend's
name was highlighted and deleted from the list of names in the rich
edit members box, but this still happens.  If I send the same message
to myself, it works, but the mail server on mind spring freaks out when
I put my name in the to field, and the groups name in the bcc field.
What am I doing wrong?