[pmmail-list] Set subject filter action - Re: newlines in filters?

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 12:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001 09:31:52 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

>  Question on the experts: how can I set the subject line for the outgoing
>message?

I've found no useful purpose for the 'Set Subject' action of a filter.
I may not be operating as intended. An incoming or outgoing message is
unchanged. It only acts on the subject as listed in the <folder.bag>
file. This changes the subject displayed in the index list only.  To
change the subject of the message, you would need to run a rexx script
(not helpful to Windows users) or a program designed to change the
subject of the message. Since your filter is acting on the incoming
message, I don't know, without testing, how you would find out the file
name needed for the outgoing autoreply.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris